Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog #8

I had just moved into a new apartment with my dad in Imlay city. He is a pretty bad alcoholic and him and his girlfriend of 3 years just split up. I know it’s his fault to I can’t blame her for anything. But I felt that as a son I should be there for him. And not to mention he just moved into a more expensive apartment right before they broke up. So I thought I could help make the payments a little easier for him and be there for him in case his heart acts up again and he needs to go to the hospital. But mostly to keep him company and try to make everything as relaxed as possible to reduce his drinking. I cannot trust him by himself with no one to be there with him. I worry too much and think of all terrible things that could happen. But I know he would do it for me, so since last week I’ve been devoting my time so helping him recover. By the way he’s not just a beer drinker, he likes his whiskey and it’s a shame that he would rather go through life blacked out. But he is one of the greatest people i have met when he is sober so its my main goal as his son to help him.

5 comments:

  1. That is so touching that you care so much for your father. I think a lot of times people forger when times are rough and we go through issues how much we really need one and others help. Our parents do so much for us and we should help them in any way we can. It's nice to see how much you love your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do the same thing for my dad. We all need someone to lean on when our chips are down. This gives true testiment to the love of a son to his father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an alcoholic can cause one to lose so much, but they never seem to realize what they've lost until they hit one of their sober moments. I, also have a few alcoholics in my family and it's so hard to watch everything they work so hard for go down the drain. What a great son you are to devote your time to help your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you, your doing a really good deed. I hope everything works out for you.

    ReplyDelete